Postdoctoral Fellow in Lung-on-Chip Modelling
The Organs-on-Chip Technologies (OOC) Lab at the ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research of the University of Bern has an open position for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Lung-on-Chip Modelling to strengthen its lung diseases-on-chip program (initially for 2 years, possible extension).
The OOC Lab focuses on the development of advanced in-vitro models of the lung and its diseases. Our work takes place at the interface of engineering, microtechnologies, cell biology and material sciences. The project is a collaboration with Charité University Hospital in Berlin.
The postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for the development of an advanced model of pulmonary arterial hypertension. The successful candidate will work towards high-impact publications, have a strong interest in technology-driven projects and enjoy supervising MSc and PhD students.
- Applicants must hold a PhD with a solid research background in advanced cell biology, molecular biology and imaging.
- Expertise in advanced cell culture and molecular biology is required.
- Expertise in lung physiology and lung diseases is an asset.
- Expertise with organs-on-chip or microfluidic chips or tissue engineering is an advantage.
- Strong publication record of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals is expected.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- A friendly, stimulating, international and multidisciplinary environment.
- A competitive salary defined by the guidelines of the University of Bern
- A workplace in Bern, Switzerland's capital, known for its high quality of life and surrounded by beautiful nature, perfect for hiking, biking, swimming and winter sports.
The review of the applications will start immediately and close April 10th, 2023. For more information, visit our website and for questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Olivier Guenat.
The University of Bern is located at the heart of Switzerland. Internationally connected and regionally anchored, the University of Bern cultivates exchange with society and strengthens partnerships between science, medicine business, and politics. The University of Bern is committed to a deliberate and ethical responsibility towards people, animate and inanimate nature. It strives as an important educator, promoting enterprise and industry in the region and beyond, and distinguishes itself through problem-oriented research into questions of pressing social relevance.
The University of Bern is an equal opportunity employer and strives to increase the number of women at all levels in its faculties.