Early Postdoctoral Position at the Institute of Theatre Studies, University of Bern
This position is full-time and limited to two years. The conditions of employment and compensation can be found in the general postdoctoral regulations of the University of Bern: link
The Institute of Theatre Studies at the University of Bern offers an early postdoctoral position from 1 March 2021 in the area of contemporary theatre. The various focal points of the Institute (Swiss and European theatre history, dramaturgy and performance analysis, dance history and contemporary dance, and contemporary theatre) work closely together.
The successful candidate will develop a research proposal on the challenges of the digital in the performing arts (to be submitted in autumn 2022), take on regular teaching duties and undertake occasional administrative tasks at the Institute. In addition, the postdoctoral researcher will work on their own independent research project.
- Collaboration in the conception and execution of a major research proposal on the challenges of the digital in the performing arts (possible submission to the Swiss National Science Foundation or European Research Council in autumn 2022)
- Teaching (one seminar per semester)
- Administrative (e.g. conducting workshops and conferences at the Institute)
- Independent research work and publication
- Knowledge and experience in the field of European and, if possible, national research funding
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- A team player and an independent worker
- Very good knowledge of German and/or English
- Qualification: Doctorate in theatre, dance or cultural sciences
- Presence at the Institute of Theatre Studies at the University of Bern
- A creative and committed environment with a flexible work approach
- Attractive terms of employment in accordance with the personnel regulations of the Canton of Bern
- A strong network of national and international cooperation partners from a range of academic areas and the theatre scene
- Dedicated research time outside ongoing institutional tasks
Please send your application electronically with the usual documents (letter of motivation, CV and publication list according to the DORA standard, abstract of your own research project) by 1 December 2020.