- Acting as initial point of contact for your team and facilitating the inclusion of your engineers as required
- Provide the direction of our data engineering and architecture. Determine the right tools for the right jobs
- Working closely with Product Managers to align on your team's capacity
- Providing technical and people leadership for a team of engineers, fostering a culture of support and collaboration in the team
- Hands-on participation in Engineering tasks such as coding and peer reviews
- Helping others to reach agreement on solutions for complex challenges
- Be capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through code level
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to understand data problems and design scalable solutions to work in demanding production environments
- An engineering mindset allowing you to understand complex problems and design real-life solutions
- Experience in both architecture, implementation and optimizing of 'big data' pipelines
- Experience in high volume systems
- Knowledge & experience with big data technologies such as Spark
- As a plus, experience with the Palantir Foundry platform
Your benefits with us
The in-house staff restaurant cooks fresh and balanced meals daily at good value for money. Free coffee, tea, mineral water and fruit are available.
Sixteen weeks' maternity leave and four weeks' paternity leave with full pay. Contribution to childcare costs.
We encourage mobile and flexible working, part-time work and job sharing wherever possible. Five weeks' annual leave as standard. There is also the option to purchase an additional 10 days of annual leave.
The Pressehaus building in Zurich is situated in an attractive location in the heart of Zurich's Seefeld quarter, just five minutes' walk from the lake.
Ringier AG is an innovative, digitalised and diversified Swiss media company operating in Europe, Asia and Africa. Its portfolio includes around 110 subsidiaries in the print, digital media, radio, ticketing, entertainment and e-commerce sectors and leading online marketplaces