PostDoc for the Swiss Childhood Cancer Survivor Study
(80% to 100%)
The Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM) at the University of Bern performs research in a range of disciplines relevant to public health (www.ispm.unibe.ch). Groups cut across divisions, facilitating an interdisciplinary approach to research in the fields of clinical epidemiology, social and behavioural health, biostatistics, and international and environmental health.
The Child and Adolescent Health Research Group, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Claudia Kuehni, conducts population-based and clinical studies in child health, with a focus on childhood cancer and respiratory disorders.
Most children diagnosed with cancer can be cured nowadays, but the intensive treatments cause health problems in many childhood cancer survivors. The Swiss Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (SCCSS) is a broad research program on long-term somatic and psychosocial outcomes of childhood cancer, with national studies and several international collaborations. We look for a Postdoc, who will coordinate the study, guide PhD students and support the SCCSS team with statistical analyses of data from childhood cancer survivors.
- Coordinate the study together with other research fellows
- Support PhD students with data management, statistical analyses and scientific writing
- Analyze data, write publications for peer-reviewed journals and present results at conferences
- Write grant applications, ethics applications, reports and lay texts.
- PhD in public health, epidemiology or a related life sciences field
- Interest in paediatrics, child health and childhood cancer
- Broad experience in statistical analyses of health-related data
- Strong scientific and non-scientific writing and communication skills
- Enjoying guiding MSc, MD and PhD students
- Experience in working with databases and data management
- Ideally experience with clinical studies and hospital-based research
- Excellent knowledge of English, and German or French
- Ability to work independently and to interact with interdisciplinary teams.
If you are looking for an exciting position in a highly motivated interdisciplinary team, send your CV with motivation letter to email@example.com. For further information, contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your application at the latest by April 1st, 2023.