80 - 100 %
The Swiss Competence Centre (3RCC) on Refinement, Reduction and Replacement of animal experimentation (referred to as the principles of 3Rs) is a non-profit association, which aims to improve animal research in the life sciences. The 3RCC was created as a joint initiative by 11 Swiss Higher Education Institutions, Interpharma, the Federal food Safety and Veterinary Office and the Swiss Animal Protection Society.
The 3RCC Headquarters, located in Bern, is looking to strengthen its competence in the area of communication in replacement, reduction and refinement of animal experimentation. To achieve this, the 3RCC would like to recruit a Communications Manager (80-100 %).
- To communicate the 3RCC's activities to the scientific community and the public.
- Monitor and report on impact of 3RCC communications measures and the 3Rs landscape.
- Write and disseminate reports, press releases, newsletter, lay summaries, information and fact sheets, flyers, posters, videos.
- Raising the 3RCC's profile through effective management and growth of the website and social media content.
- Event management and organisation, e.g. annual 3Rs National Congress. Chairing and moderating panel discussions.
- Support the 3RCC's different bodies in their communication.
- Degree in journalism/ media studies/ communication.
- Experienced in website and social media content management.
- Experienced in science journalism is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, illustration/design tools.
- Knowledge in audio/video media production is desirable.
- Previous practical experience in science communication is an advantage.
- Native language must be German, French or Italian with good to excellent skills in at least one other national language. Proficiency in English is required.
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently.
- The applicant must have valid Swiss working permit.
The position is on a contract basis for one year, with a possibility to a permanent position. 80-100% full-time equivalent (FTE) depending on applicant's background and previous experience. For more information, please contact email@example.com.