Laboratory Technician in Immunology
60 - 100 %
A laboratory technician position in the field of immunology is available in the group of Prof. Ziad Al Nabhani at the Department for BioMedical Research (DBMR) - University of Bern, Switzerland.
The position is available on January 2024 or as mutually agreed upon.
• Perform primary analyses of single-cell data in R (or Python).
• Collaborate closely with students to support their single cell experiments.
• Participate in maintaining mouse breeding when necessary: Support the responsible
for the maintenance, genotyping, oral gavage, injections and organization of multiple
transgenic mouse colonies as necessary.
• Maintains the inventory of reagents and ensure correct application of laboratory.
methods andcompliance with biosafety requirements.
• Strong experience in the use of flow cytometry or run single cell experiments. • Ability to work independently.
• Highly motivated and eager to acquire new skills.
• Resilience, patience, and precision in repetitive tasks, detail-oriented.
• Oral and written communication in one national language and English.
• Experience working with animal laboratory (FELASA or LTK1 certificate).
• Employment according to cantonal guidelines with flexible working hours.
Duration: 3 years
Full Time Employment: 60 to 100%
1- Cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience relate to the role
2- Curriculum vitae
3- Names and contact information for 2 referees or their references letter
4- Expected starting date
Please note that we will start reviewing applications immediately, and the process will continue until December 20th, 2023.