Student Fellow for Communication and Administration
20 - 30% from January 2024 (or upon agreement)
The World Trade Institute (WTI) is a leading academic institution dedicated to studies, teaching and research in international trade and investment regulation, economic globalization and sustainability. As a centre of excellence at the University of Bern with an international, interdisciplinary focus, we explore the interconnections between the fields of law, economics and political science.
Responsibilities for this position include assisting with website content and editing; support with social media outreach and activities such as post news on the WTI's website; update and maintain mailing lists and databases; as well as assist with marketing WTI's programme, courses and events.
- Bachelor's degree desired (preferably in Communications, Linguistics etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
- Experience with social media platforms and with marketing to an international audience
- Ability to work in team as well as independently
- Interest and experience in working in an academic environment
- Knowledge of topics related to international trade, political science, and international relations
- Students should have a valid working permit from a Swiss University (if non-Swiss citizens).
The salary follows the guidelines of the University of Bern and depends on the qualification of the successful candidate.
The deadline for applications is 30 of November 2023.
Please send your application (including CV, motivational letter, diploma copies, possible references)
The World Trade Institute will be pleased to reply to short-listed candidates.