The Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern, employs over 150 staff, provides undergraduate and post-graduate teaching and carries out research in a range of disciplines relevant to clinical epidemiology and public health.
Professorship (Open Rank)
Community health and health care systems
Community health care and health promotion are part of a society's social structures and organization. As part of Public Health these disciplines aim to describe, explain and act on the processes and factors that determine the health of societies and their subpopulations. For that, it is crucial to understand the social structural conditions and the behaviors of patients and providers of health and social care. ISPM is in the process of establishing a new professorship to address key issues in the field of community health and health care systems.
We are looking for a candidate who...
- has a strong record in applying social sciences theories and methods to study the contextual conditions of health, health behaviors and health care in and with communities
- has shown expertise in interdisciplinary academic work
- has profound expertise in qualitative and mixed methods. Experience in quantitative methods would be welcome
- produces scientific work with high practice relevance for community health promotion, health policy and decision making (science for change)
- has an excellent academic record on post-doc level or higher.
- The ability to communicate in German is a strong plus.
We invite applications from various fields of public health, including and beyond the interdisciplinary fields of social sciences.
The University of Bern is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply. Job-sharing is possible and will be supported.
The position is limited to initially ten years with the possibility of an extension.
For further information, please contact the President of the selection committee Prof. Dr. S.Klöppel, UPD, University of Bern (e-mail: Stefan.Kloeppel@upd.ch)
Applications must be submitted electronically to the Dean's Office of the Medical Faculty of the University of Bern by 6 March 2020 (email@example.com).
Information on the required documents can be found under: http://www.medizin.unibe.ch/services/faculty_rules/professorship/index_eng.html#pane527037
Dekanat der Medizinischen Fakultät, Universität Bern, Murtenstrasse 11, CH-3008 Bern