Job Position - Research Assistant
20 - 40%
The Image-Guided Therapy Group of ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research of the University of Bern together with the Department of Neurosurgery of the University Hospital, Inselspital Bern is working on a collaborative project for pre-operative training of microsurgical procedures. A Bench-Top Microsurgical Patient Simulator was developed for mimicking micro interventional procedures such that a medical resident and a surgeon can practice complex micro-surgeries. Functional and Engineering optimization is currently underway to prepare the simulator for Technology Readiness Level TRL 4 towards TRL 8.
- Building life-like phantoms, hand-made precision objects, 3D printing anatomical models, additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping
- Operationalize and assembling the 4D models.
- Hoch- or Fachhochschule, Bachelors, master's in mechanical engineering/ Microengineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Arts and Crafting/Sculping/Medical Art
- Knowledge of developing and programming embedded systems engineering is required
- CAD design, interest in working or experience in tools like Blender, Maya, SolidWorks, etc.
- Previous experience handling precision micro-assembly tools is advantageous.
- Knowledge of sensor-based systems, surgical navigation, image analysis, and computer-aided surgical systems is desirable, while a track record in electronics engineering towards clinical applications is a prerequisite.
- Previous training or interest in crafting, arts, painting, sculpting, or related areas is advantageous
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Must be a team player, with good listening abilities, self-motivated and demonstrated results.
- Letter of Motivation (1-page, font size 10) [Format- About me, Past and Motivation, How I fit for the role?]
- CV (Academic Track Record, Professional Experience)
- Any other supporting documents