Storyteller and Press Attaché
The Wyss Academy for Nature at the University of Bern brings human well-being into harmony with nature protection. We are a place of innovation, where research, business, policymakers, and communities come together to co-design solutions for sustainable futures. Our goal is to research, develop, and implement concrete solutions to address climate change, biodiversity loss, and land use change by connecting technical, social, economic, and policy innovations at the interface of nature and people. The Wyss Academy comprises four regional hubs, one each in Switzerland, Latin America, East Africa, and Southeast Asia. The hubs form the cornerstones for developing, testing and applying innovations for the conservation and sustainable use of nature. (For more information, see our website).
For our Management Center we are looking for an enthusiastic Storyteller and Press Attaché (60%)
Starting: as soon as possible or by agreement
Location: Kochergasse 4, Bern, Switzerland
Institution: Wyss Academy for Nature at the University of Bern
Apply by: 1 March 2021
We are looking for a dynamic individual to contribute to and help shape the Communications Team in the field of publications, media relations, and storytelling. You enjoy working in an international environment and you're used to working in English. You have an entrepreneurial mind and can work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You look forward to collaborating with project partners in the Global South and feel comfortable in an agile, start-up-like environment.
• Conception, creation, and editing of publications (digital and print)
• Establishment of a network of domestic and international press contacts
• Preparation and analysis of press monitoring
• Collaboration in the organization of events
• Support in media trainings and speaker roles
• Co-creation of the communication strategy
• Provision of advice and support to management, division heads, and project managers on communication projects
• Collaboration in monitoring branding and other communication projects (CRM, web)
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of sustainability or science journalism
• At least 5 years of experience writing for English and German-language media
• Good network in the field of media and/or publishing, especially in Bern and internationally
• International, cross-cultural work experience, especially in the global South
• Affinity with the sciences and a passion for good writing
• Good understanding of operational business and internal customer orientation
• Strong IT literacy, good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and digital publishing
• Excellent knowledge of German and English (bilingual or nearly native); knowledge of Spanish and French an advantage
• Work in an intercultural, multidisciplinary, and highly stimulating environment
• Employment by a foundation whose salaries are based on the University of Bern's salary table
• A flexible annual work schedule
We look forward to receiving your application with your CV, two references, and three work samples via the online portal no later than 1 March 2021.
Thank you for your interest.
The Wyss Academy for Nature values diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome all applications from qualified individuals who meet the required criteria.
Dossiers submitted through employment agencies will not be considered.